You may also like...

14 Comments

1. We don’t do set bedtimes, my kids go to bed when they’re tired. My 7 year old puts herself to bed by about 8:30 most nights. My 2 year old has become a little night owl lately though, she was up until 11 last night lol.

1. becomingschultz says:

Love it! I have got so much slack for not having a bedtime but I think that is what will work for us.

2. One thing you could try is doing everything a little earlier for her to fall asleep sooner. Maybe having a routine where she knows at 8:30 that she will stop playing and itโ€™s night-night time.

Something worth trying!

1. becomingschultz says:

We tried a strict schedule and it was working okay-ish till spring and the time change now it’s light till 9 or later and she just says it’s not dark yet!!! lol Thank you though!

3. Hang in there mama!! I promise it all gets better. I find that nap-times interferes with my girls sleep schedule so we just do quiet time now… but mine are a little older than yours. We also do the same routine every night nothing too stimulating in the evening (tv, electronics) warm bath with lavender soap and reading books in bed. It seems to help them relax!!!

1. becomingschultz says:

I have started doing lavender salt in their bath, but it doesn’t seem to help. She plays in the bath too much for just the bath to be relaxing. I keep wanting to skip nap but then she crashes at 4 and sleeps till 9 then it’s party time! HAHA I’ve been told it’s get better… I can only hope!

4. My little one is so full of energy, too. She has serious FOMO and it prevents her from sleeping lol! Great post, thanks for sharing ๐Ÿ™‚

1. becomingschultz says:

HAHA, I so had to Google FOMO, but yes! She was always saying it’s play time mommy.

5. I have a feeling this will be my lo once she is a toddler. Great info though so thank you on behalf of all parents with unusual sleepers for taking one for the team on your experiment!๐Ÿ˜

1. becomingschultz says:

Hopefully it helps! I know ditching the bedtime has greatly reduced my stress level. I’m no longer stressing over why she won’t sleep, the fight of trying to get her to bed and to stay in it, the stress before even starting knowing she was going to fight it. I now can wake up happy and go on through out my day without stress! SO MUCH LESS STRESS!

6. Claudia says:

Hang in there! I have a 4 year old who is very active. Boy does she wear me out! She seems to go to bed better when sheโ€™s exhausted so I try to plan activities that wear her out!

1. becomingschultz says:

That’s what we have been doing! I’m cutting nap today as she slept in till 9!

7. I had a kid who never slept as well. She’s 9 now and she goes to bed around 8:30 and reads for a bit – lights out by 9. But we also have to be up at 6:30 to get everyone ready for school and the 7:45 bus pickup. Learning your kids sleep needs is tough, but I think you’re going about it the right way by seeing where her natural sleep times are.

I also agree with someone above who suggested choosing a time to start “quiet time” so you’re not stuck in a few years (if it doesn’t settle) trying to move her into a routine for school etc. I’d say start it at 10pm as that’s where she’s starting to get sleepy (or so it seems) and slowly move it back by 15 min increments if it works.

Good luck!
    ~Jess
    #MMBC

1. becomingschultz says:

Thank you, she has actually been asking to go to read at about 10:15 in her room on blankets. She reads for a little bit and then is ready for bed, but she still can’t fall asleep on he own. She is finally cutting her 2 year molars so sleep is awful now, but hopefully once they are through she can relax easier! It’s nice to hear others little ones didn’t sleep, but are doing better as they get older.